Monday, June 21, 2010

Thank You Thank You Thank You and yes.....Thank You

Welcome to whomever has stumbled upon my new blog!
With much fanfare (yelling to my hubby Mr. Mc, "Hey I started a blog") my blogging world has begun. Obviously I am starting this out of the narcissistic urge that has seized my generation to share my day with complete strangers, as well as the urging of my mother to share my stories of domestic bliss. These stories generally start in tears, and end in hilarious laughter that soothes the soul, and mends my broken pride. Being a wife of 8 months has provided me with plenty of fodder for blogging, and being laid up after surgery for a month has finally given me the excuse to begin the selfish journey of telling you my day!



Whew! What an intro huh? So, today began with my mandatory number thank you notes. Now for those of you who are recently married you may relate to the mire I like to call "post wedding procrastination". This encompasses finding places for all of those salad bowls, printing all of your amazing wedding photos you paid gobs for, and lastly writing a bajillion thank you notes. We were so fortunate to receive so many amazing gifts from our loved ones!! and my procrastination has nothing to do with gratefulness and everything to do with fear. So, this week I have broken it down into a doable number.....10 per morning. You may be thinking that this would be a simple task, and to many of you it is, but for me? No, it is like going to the dentist only with bad tasting envelopes and no happy gas. I am not sure when it became such a treacherous journey for me but I believe it was around December. Month 2 of marriage was full of Nesting, job hunting in my new city and the holidays.....pretty soon it was Valentines day and then Easter and then Holy Cow!!! We had been married 6 months and the shoebox full of lovingly hand made thank you's were shamefully pushed to the back of the shelf. I think I assumed that if I left them there long enough they would write themselves and fly away to where they were intended........this did not happen. So......long confession short. I am writing my thank you notes at month 8 of marriage. 10 per day, it is like eating fiber cereal (good for the constitution) Any newly weds out there please take my advice and do this task before your guests A) change addresses......B) call you to find out if you go their gift.......C) uninvite you from their wedding.......or D) *gasp* die.

'nuff said......write them already....

6 comments:

  1. From your prodigal cousin formerly known as Aaron. Cute blog. Very nice to hear from you. I am terribly sorry, and you are I suppose happy, that I didn't make it among those thank you letters. However, I'll be returning to the US for the first time in August. Unfortunately, only for a month, and then I'm back to Japan for one more year before grad school. If at all possible, it would be wonderful to see you during that time (and possibly other random relations), though I actually don't know where you're living these days. If you have any plans to be within driving distance of CA, though, let's give it a try. I'm glad to hear your nesting is going happily, though surprised to hear about surgery. I hope they didn't remove too much of any limbs or such-like. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you jess! This is a great blog ;)
    Love
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Jessica, I think you and I are alike in being perfectionists, so you probably want your thank yous to be perfect and that is just hard when there are so many to do. good luck to you on that girl. and i am so glad you have a blog, i will add it to my google reader. and when you get a chance can you email me your address? i have something to put in the mail for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start on your blog "Practically Perfect 2"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Twanda sister!:)
    Love you
    Aunt Tawanda (Toni)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron.....most def excited to hear from you. Wish you were gonna be around more! Heading to phoenix the last week of July and then to Hawaii and then back to phoenix before coming back to Nashville (where I am now) perhaps we can squeeze in a time?

    Brenda.....yes perfectionism is my bane and I have to learn to accept half assed attempts occasionally in order to get ANYTHING done.

    mom and Toni.....love you both thanks for the supposrt

    ReplyDelete